Image: Nonomuraea sp.
Associate Scientist - Microbiologist
We are seeking to hire an entry-level microbiologist. The position will involve working with a team of scientists to discover new antibiotics from newly cultured microorganisms. The work will include special projects as well as daily lab tasks such as reagent prep, record keeping, and equipment maintenance. For more information, download the full job description.
Applicants in the following areas are also encouraged.
- Microbiology - isolation and culture of bacteria and fungi, bioassay, MIC, MOA
- Scale-up and fermentation of bacterial and fungal cultures
- Analytical chemistry, HPLC, LC-MS, NMR, structural elucidation
- Antibiotic or oncology drug discovery
- Natural product drug discovery